Metairie, LA Podiatrist
Foot Health Centers, LLC
1521 N Causeway Blvd
Metairie, LA 70001
La Place, LA Podiatrist
429 W Airline Highway
La Place, LA 70068
Serving the Metairie, LA area
Since fungal nails are usually more resistant and more difficult to treat than Athlete's foot, topical or oral antifungal medications may be prescribed, and we are now proud to offer the option of Laser Treatment for fungus nails that has a high success rate with no side effects. Permanent nail removal is another possible form of treatment for fungal nails.
After a fungal nail infection has cleared up, you can take steps to prevent the infection from coming back.
Keeping the fungus under control will help prevent a fungal infection of the skin from reinfecting the nail. Before bed, thoroughly wash and dry your feet, and apply a non-prescription anti-fungal cream to the entire foot from the ankle down. Use the cream every night, then gradually apply it less often. Keep your feet dry. Dry feet are less likely to become infected. Apply powder to your dry feet after you take a shower or bath.
Before and After
- Don't share nail clippers or nail files with others.
- Don't share shoes or socks with others.
- Try not to injure your nail, such as by cutting it too short (trauma to the nail may lead to infections).
- Wear dry cotton socks, and change them two or three times a day if necessary.
- Wear dry shoes that allow air to circulate around your feet (tight, enclosed, moist shoes contribute to fungal toenail infections).
- Wear shower sandals or shower shoes when you are at a public pool or shower.
Follow basic foot care guidelines and you more than likely can head off most common foot fungus problems.
For more information on Toenail Fungus Treatments in the Metairie, LA area call Foot Health Centers, LLC at (504) 833-0029